Monday, April 07, 2008

Bamboozle Left: Irvine 04-06-08

Rita and I met up around 4ish and then went to get dinner so we didn’t get to the Ampitheater until like 5ish which was fine, we had plenty of time. Turns out the two stages were right next to each other (yay!) and so we went to look around. At one point we walked right past Jeffree Star and Rita and I just laughed. I’m really kinda over that man. Does he really think he can sing? I still love his hair though. And a lot of people were wearing “Mikey Fuckin Way” t-shirts and I saw one “Matt Fuckin Cortez” shirt.

So after some more wandering and looking around we joined the crowd. We caught the last 10-15 minutes of Anti-Flag, found that we liked htem and then to our happy surprise the Bravery started playing. I really liked them, they were really good live. And hot. Very hot. The bassist climbed the railing nad all I could think of was Jared Leto doing the same thing.

After the Bravery we moved closer to Blaqk Audio’s stage and watched Goldfinger. I didn’t really like them. And I most definitely did NOT like that one of the guys had someone shove a twinkie up his ass, then he took bite out of it and threw it in the crowd. W. T. F?! GROOOOSS! And then he started the ‘wall of death’ which was a huge mosh pit. Omg, no fun. Anyway, they were done and Rita and I just looked at each other like “Um…what just HAPPENED?!”

Then the Chiodos started playing over the MCR stage and I’ll have to check them out more. I couldn’t tell if I liked them or not, but I was more focusing on the fact that Blaqk Audio was gonna come out soon. And finally it was time! Jade is so hot. Davey is hot too but I’ve been focusing a lot on Jade lately. He’s very talented. Oh, Festa and that one chick that everyone is saying is Davey’s girlfriend were there. If she IS his girlfriend then I think it’s really funny cause…it’s like they’re matching. Festa looks kinda like Jade and…the chick looks kinda like Davey. Aaaaaaaaaanyway, unimportant tangent.

So Davey was shacking his ass, Jade was dominating the synthesizers and it was amazing. They did a cover of “hold me now” which was awesome. The song sounded GOOD. I got video of it but you can’t actually hear any singing, sadness. At one point someone threw a glowstick and Davey and he caught it and threw it back. Big mistake. Suddenly EVERYONE threw their glowsticks at Davey. Poor guy. “It’s raining glowsticks!” They were having a good time, it was easy to see. I enjoyed this show so much more than the one in Santa Ana cause the crowd was just so much better so I could actually focus on the guys. Davey mentioned that MCR was next in passing and then they kept playing. They ended right on time and then the crowd shifted.

We all suddenly moved towards the MCR stage, wow that was something. Rita and I got separated in seconds and I decided to just go where the crowd was taking me. Kinda scary, but more insane. So we settled down and waited for the show to start. After a short while MCR came out, starting with ‘Sleep’. Okay…when did Mikey get SO HOT?! He’s seriously the hottest guy in MCR right now and I don’t even know when it happened! Frank is currently going through this grandfather sweater phase and Gerard is looking mighty-fine as well.

What can I say about My Chemical Romance? Live they blow my mind. I go a little insane, they’re just that good. Gerard doesn’t let you be a passive bystander, he demands your attention. I don’t remember in what order what happened so I’m bringing this to you bullet points style:

- Gerard said ‘fuck’ a lot

- At one point he said “Mikey! Fucking! Way!” and Mikey did this amazing headshake as he played the bass. Mmm, hawt

- Gerard said he was happy that he’s playing the US again and he’d rather have 10 of us fans than 10,000 fuckers in a ‘European festival’.

- Gerard now lives in LA

- Ray and Frank are guitar gods

- Mikey got HOT!

- Someone throws candy on stage and Gerard goes “Oh! Is this old people candy? No, it’s cool man I don’t need your candy.” And as it keeps being thrown “No, seriously, if you don’t wanna be head diving out of here you better keep your fucking candy.”

- Someone throws a water bottle “I got plenty of water up here too. I don’t need yours.”

- Gerard wears a black leather jacket during Helena and it was over.

Then Rita and I hung around a bit to see if anyone would come out, but no one did so we went home. Ahhhh, it was good times! Good times!

1 Comments:

Blogger SBTVD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home