Sunday, October 19, 2008

A week and a half

So it's been a week and a day since our Harry left us. Thursday was the last time I really cried. It's still so strange to have him gone. Sometimes I think I hear him click-clicking in the hallway or he's snoring on my bed, but it's not him. I realize I haven't really told you guys what happened with him and I think I really should.

Our Harry had end stage liver failure. He had blood work done and most of his counts were double the normal high average. He had one liver enzyme where the normal high count is 116 and he was at over 10,000. The vet said he probably had this problem for a long time and he just hid his symptoms as animals tend to do. He hid them well. He hid them so well that by the time we noticed it it was too late. We had to put him to sleep.

At this point I wanna say THANK YOU to everyone. To the vet and doctors that did all they could. All of you who have written me encouraging messages and all my friends who have given me hugs and listened to me over and over as I talk about Harry. It really does mean a lot to me.

Monday night we adopted a new puppy. His name is Chaplin and he's 3 months old. He's a chihuahua mix. In a way it feels so rushed to have a new puppy already, but Sandy started to notice that Harry was gone and we didn't want her to get lonely. It's taken about a week for the two to become friends but it looks like they finally really like each other. I know it took me a few days to stop thinking of the new puppy as 'not Harry' and start thinking of him as 'our new puppy Chaplin', but he's so cute you guys. He's adorable and hyper and all that. I'll post some picture in a moment.

So that's that. It's been a week and a day and we're all still really sad. We're all still close to tears but it's getting better. It's funny, last Sunday when Jake and I visited Cory and Rita I saw my horoscope and it said "look to the future, the bad times are behind you." I really hope so cause last Saturday sucked big time.

On a completely different note, Rita and I are going to see VNV Nation on Wednesday. I'm so excited; I haven't been to a concert since Bamboozle Left and I really can't wait. Expect a concert review by the end of this week.

Chaplin:
Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home