Saturday, April 04, 2009

The Almost Successful Comic Book Signing Event

Went to a comic book signing with Gerard Way today, except by the time I got there they already gave all the wrist bands away. Well gee, someone should've maybe mentioned wrist bands and a limit of people when I was in there on Wednesday. Or maybe it could've been on the flier. But no, whatever. So I hung out outside with some other people that came too late and man...after a while I wanted to punch some of these girls. Besides the expected "oh he's changed", "he's gotten pretentious" and "it's not the same anymore" butthurt comments most fans spew when bands don't do exactly as they wish some of these girls started to sing as loud as they could and totally off key in front of the comic store. WTF?!

Okay guys...news flash: HE WASN'T THERE TO PROMOTE THE BAND! HE WAS THERE TO PROMOTE HIS COMIC BOOK SERIES! It has NOTHING to do with My Chemical Romance except both involving a certain Mr. Gerard Way! I get that most of the people in line didn't give a shit about the comic book but I did. I'm a collector. I'm a comic geek. I wanted to discuss the finer points of The Rumors powers with him, but noooooo. /end tangent rant

So some dude came out of the store and said that the singing was horrible and wow he didn't sound or look like he was kidding. I was so embarrassed. I wasn't the only one. It was literally just a group of like 10 girls singing song after song after song. SHUT UP! So finally, after he signs everyones comics, he steps outside real quick to wave and people freak out and start to scream and he hurries back inside.

...DON'T SCREAM IN HIS FACE! Do they really think screaming at him will make him want to stay? UGH people! UGH!

I like AFI fans so much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home